What is Gua Sha Stone? How to Use Gua Sha Stone
Mar 01, 2023
Before we go into the details of Gua Sha facial massage, let's answer the question of what is gua sha. In classical Chinese medicine, massage with objects that will help in maintaining the energy balance of the body is called gua sha massage. This massage technique, which has been applied for the whole body for many years, has recently been applied in facial care routines. This method, which has been used in the Far East for many years, helps the body in lymphatic drainage, regulates the blood circulation in the application area and provides more effective nutrition to the skin. While the relaxed muscles are saturated with oxygen, it is up to you to enjoy the massage and relax.
Gua sha massage stone has an important place in the application. Generally, natural stones that neutralize negative energies by contributing to the balancing of the body's energy are preferred. Now let's take a closer look at the benefits of gua sha stone massage in turn.
Gua Sha Stone Benefits
- 1. It helps to relax the muscles. We aim to relax and relax your facial muscles without forgetting that the application is basically a massage. Therefore, you need to apply gentle movements.
- 2. Blood circulation in the application area is regulated and increased. Thus, your skin is nourished more efficiently and gains vitality.
- 3. It helps to remove toxic and edema accumulated under the skin and in the lymphatic system .
- 4. At the end of regular application, it helps tightening of facial muscles and defining lines. To support this ingredient, we can recommend applying Gua Sha as a maintenance routine along with face yoga. You can visit Alfheim Blog for Face Yoga practices and details.
- 5. It supports the skin against sagging in regular applications together with face yoga.
Which Stone Should Gua Sha Stone Be?
You can make your face massage routine enjoyable by choosing the Gua Sha stone that suits your needs, taste and skin type.
How to Use Gua Sha Stone
First of all, you should make sure that the stones to be used in Gua Sha massage are produced in accordance with the massage. Sharp-edged stones are not suitable for massage. It is also important to choose the appropriate stone shape for the area to be applied. You can choose gua sha stones with a jagged edge for the scalp and long sided for the chin and neck. After choosing the right type and shape of Gua Sha stone, we can look at the details of Gua Sha facial massage application together.
- 1. Cleanse your skin before application. The first condition of getting the expected result in all care routines is that the skin is clean.
- 2. Moisturize your skin after cleansing for easy and non-damaging application of the stone to the face. For this, you can choose 100% natural and effective aromatherapy products. Alfheim Firming Face Care Oil is a complete skin care serum created with 10 different natural extracts to maintain the youthful, firm and dynamic structure of the skin. Before applying the Gua Sha facial massage, apply this miraculous serum to your skin and wait for it to be absorbed. After applying Firming Firming Face Care Oil on your face, you can start the Gua Sha facial massage. With massage, the oil is absorbed faster and more effectively. It also helps tighten the skin with your massage care product.
- 3. Do not limit the massage to your face. A massage routine that will include the neck, décolleté and shoulders will help you relax by relaxing the muscles.
- 4. The application direction should always be from bottom to top.
- 5. Our facial muscles are one of the most sensitive muscles in our body. Therefore, gently press the stone against your skin during application.
- 6. Applying Gua Sha stone cold makes lymph drainage more effective and faster. Before application, you can keep the Gua Sha stone in the refrigerator for a short time. Thus, the lymph dissolves more easily and the flow becomes easier.