Natural Essential Oils
- Best selling
- Alphabetically, A-Z
- Alphabetically, Z-A
- Price, low to high
- Price, high to low
- Date, old to new
- Date, new to old
What is Essential Oil?
Essential oils are fragrant plant extracts obtained from parts of aromatic, fragrant plants such as flowers, branches, leaves, fruits, seeds, roots or fruit bark. While sometimes only one part of the plants is used for an essential oil, essential oils with different characters can be obtained from various parts of some plants such as fruit, bark, and branches. Although there are different extraction methods such as distillation, extraction and cold pressing, the most used method for herbal essential oils is distillation.
Essential oil production is a challenging process from the harvesting stage of plants to the essential oil obtained after distillation. Fragrant essential oils are valuable herbal extracts that we can reach at the end of this difficult process. The right plants must be harvested at the right time during the harvest season, in accordance with their technique. The harvest, which starts before the sun rises, should end with the sunrise. Thus, the fragrant oils contained in the plant are preserved. The harvested harvest is dried under the right conditions and at the optimum time and made ready for distillation. The herbal raw material collected in the distillation units is processed for distillation. As a result of this distillation process, aromatic essential oils and aromatic plant juices are obtained. These two outputs are separated and bottled safely and not exposed to light.
Essential oils are a strong essence and are found in trace amounts in plants. For this reason, low efficiency in production processes has been accepted from the beginning. For example, 1 kg. To obtain Lavender Oil, 130-150 kg Lavender plant, 1 kg. Average 4000 kg for the production of Rose Oil. rose is required.
What are Essential Oils?
Here are some popular essential oils and their sources:
- Lavender: Obtained from the lavender flower.
- Rosemary: It is obtained from the leaves of the rosemary plant.
- Mint: Obtained from mint leaves.
- Tea Tree: It is obtained from the tea tree leaf.
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus): Obtained from the eucalyptus leaf.
- Lemon: Obtained from the peel of lemon.
- Orange: Obtained from the peel of an orange.
- Patchouli: It is obtained from the leaves of the patchouli plant.
- Ylang Ylang: Obtained from the ylang ylang flower.
- Frankincense (Frankincense): Obtained from the resin of Boswellia trees.
- Myrrh: Obtained from the resin of Commiphora trees.
- Melissa: Obtained from the leaves of the lemon balm plant.
- Bergamot: Bergamot is obtained from the peel of citrus.
- Thyme: It is obtained from the leaves of the thyme plant.
- Cinnamon: It is obtained from the bark or leaf of cinnamon.
And this list goes on. Essential oils are used in aromatherapy, massage, skin care, cleansing and many other areas. However, it is necessary to be careful about the use and dosage of essential oils, as some oils can cause skin irritation or allergies. It is always best to consult an expert before using essential oils.
What Do Essential Oils Do?
Essential oils offer many different therapeutic and practical benefits because they are in the concentrated form of herbal extracts. Here are some common uses and benefits of essential oils:
Aromatherapy : Essential oils are used in the practice of aromatherapy to support emotional and mental health. For example, lavender oil may help promote relaxation and better sleep, and bergamot oil may help elevate mood.
Skin Care : Some essential oils are used in skin care products due to their antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Tea tree oil is popular for fighting acne, and lavender oil is popular for soothing skin irritations.
Natural Medicine : Essential oils can be used as a natural solution for many health problems, from headaches to digestive problems, from respiratory problems to stress and anxiety.
Household Cleaning : Essential oils, which have antiseptic and antibacterial properties, can be used to prepare chemical-free natural cleaning products at home.
Pest Repellent : Some essential oils can be used as a natural pest repellent to keep flies and insects away. Especially lemon eucalyptus provides effective protection against mosquitoes.
Respiratory Support : Some essential oils, such as eucalyptus and peppermint oil, provide relief by opening the blocked nose and respiratory tract.
Muscle and Joint Pain : Essential oils can also provide relief from muscle pain and joint discomfort. Especially peppermint and juniper oil are used to massage painful areas.
This wide range of uses of essential oils makes them indispensable both at home and in alternative medicine practices. However, we must be careful when using essential oils and pay attention to the correct dilution rates and application methods. It is essential to consult an expert, especially regarding use for drinking or eating purposes.
How to Use Essential Oils?
Correct and safe use of essential oils is important to obtain maximum benefit. Here are some common ways to use essential oils:
Aromatherapy : By diffusing essential oils into the air with a diffuser or vaporizer, you can spread a pleasant scent around and benefit from their therapeutic effects at the same time.
Topical Application : Before applying directly to the skin, essential oils should usually be diluted with a carrier oil (e.g., coconut oil, almond oil, or jojoba oil). Thus, skin irritation or sensitivity can be prevented.
Massage : Diluted essential oils can provide physical and mental relaxation by using them in body or head massage.
Bath : Adding a few drops of essential oil to bath water can be an excellent way to relax and care for your skin.
Respiration : By dropping essential oils into a bowl of hot water and inhaling the steam, you can open the respiratory tract and provide relief.
Natural Cleaning Products : Essential oils, especially those with antiseptic properties, can be used by adding them to natural cleaners for home cleaning.
Use as Perfume : Some essential oils can be mixed with carrier oils and applied to the skin to create a natural perfume.
It should be noted that when using essential oils it is important to always consult a specialist and pay attention to the quality of the oil. Additionally, since there is no general use guide for all essential oils, it is essential to pay attention to each oil's specific properties and instructions for use. Special precautions must be taken, especially for pregnant women, children and those with sensitive skin.
Uses of Essential Oils
The properties of essential oils have been frequently wondered about lately. Essential oils and their properties attract the attention of those seeking natural care and aromatherapy enthusiasts with their features such as being 100% natural, having a direct and rapid effect on the body through scent and topical means, and providing mental and physical relaxation.
Natural essential oils concentrate all the life energy of a plant. Organic essential oils are therefore very effective and find a wide range of uses. The use of essential oils extends to a wide range of areas, from personal care routines to meditation, from perfume formulations to sensory therapies. It is known that the antiseptic properties of Thyme Oil have been used in recent architectural restoration works to protect old building elements. Thyme Oil, which protects structural elements naturally and effectively by leaving no residue, can be considered as a striking example of the usage areas of essential oils. You can experience these effects in your incense burners or in air humidifiers and essential oil diffusers.
Although natural essential oils are natural, one should be very careful when using them. Essential vegetable oils are the soul of the plant and contain all its energy. Therefore, even small dosages are very effective. It should never be used undiluted. Organic essential oils should not be consumed internally. If you are wondering about the use and dilution rates of essential oils, you can take a look at the Alfheim Essential Oil Dilution Table.
aromatherapy oils It is a scent-therapy based on essential oils. For this reason, essential oils and aromatherapy have become an inseparable duo and are sometimes even used synonymously. Fragrant essential oils begin to have an effect on the body within seconds through our limbic system. Pure essential oils have been used by human beings for thousands of years due to their healing effects. The words "essences" and "essential oils", which come from the ancient Greek word "Aither" meaning "the infinity of the sky", are translated into Turkish as volatile aromatic oils , volatile essential oils, essential oils.
What Are Essential Oils and Their Benefits?
Essential oils have been used throughout history for both therapeutic and cultural purposes. Each of these oils offers different benefits as they have unique chemical components. Here are some popular essential oils and their main benefits:
Lavender Oil :
- Relaxation : Lavender oil can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Sleep : It has a relaxing effect for those who have insomnia problems.
- Skin : It has a soothing effect for minor burns, cuts and acne.
Peppermint Oil :
- Inhalation : Peppermint oil can clear a stuffy nose and make breathing easier.
- Headache : It can relieve headaches.
- Indigestion : May have a relieving effect against stomach ailments.
Tea Tree Oil :
- Antimicrobial : Used to treat acne, fungal and other infections on the skin.
- Immune System : It can have immune system strengthening effects.
Lemon Oil :
- Energy : It gives energy with its refreshing feature.
- Cleaning : It is added to natural cleaning products and provides cleaning at home with its antimicrobial effect.
Eucalyptus Oil :
- Respiratory Ways : It has a relaxing effect for colds, asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Pain Relief : It can have a relieving effect against muscle aches and joint disorders.
As we mentioned here, examples can be given for many oils. In order to get the best benefits of these oils, it is essential to pay attention to the correct usage methods and dosages. Also, some essential oils can cause allergic reactions or skin irritation, so it's helpful to do a small skin test before using each new oil. It is also always best to consult an expert before using essential oils.
Essential Oils and Their Properties
Essential Oils and Their Properties
Essential oils are dense and aromatic liquids obtained from plant sources. Each of these oils has unique chemical components, odors and properties. Here are the highlights of some common essential oils:
Lavender Oil :
- Fragrance : A sweet, floral and slightly woody aroma.
- Properties : Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and soothing.
Peppermint Oil :
- Fragrance : A strong, fresh and refreshing mint flavor.
- Properties : Antispasmodic, analgesic and revitalizing.
Eucalyptus Oil :
- Fragrance : A sharp, cleansing and refreshing aroma.
- Properties : Antiseptic, decongestant and anti-inflammatory.
Tea Tree Oil :
- Fragrance : A medicinal, pungent and woody scent.
- Properties : Antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral.
Lemon Oil :
- Fragrance : Refreshing, fresh and sweet citrus aroma.
- Properties : Antiseptic, astringent and detoxifying.
Frankincense (Trigel) Oil :
- Odor : A resin-like, sweet and spicy scent.
- Properties : Anti-inflammatory, soothing and immune-supporting.
Ylang-Ylang Oil :
- Fragrance : A sweet, exotic and floral aroma.
- Features : Soothing, antidepressant and aphrodisiac.
Bergamot Oil :
- Fragrance : A sweet, fruity and citrus-like aroma.
- Features : Calming, antiseptic and pain reliever.
This wide range of essential oils offers a variety of options for different needs and purposes. However, it should not be forgotten that each oil has its own effects and instructions for use. In particular, some essential oils can cause irritation when in direct contact with the skin. For this reason, it is usually recommended to dilute with carrier oils and do a small skin test before use.
Essential Oil Types
In recent years, the interest of users and the increasing level of awareness about aromatherapy have enabled us to see more varieties and prices of essential oils than before. Essential oils, which are also used as natural flavorings in the food industry, require an artisanal production and quality standard under the title of aromatherapy. When choosing among so many types and price options, your product experience and reliable brands will help you choose the best quality and right product. As Alfheim, we are pleased to bring you essential and fixed oils in the pharma grade and food grade categories.
We talked about the wide range of usage areas of essential oils. This breadth is essentially based on the mechanism of action and types of components that essential oils contain. And essential oil types are preferred more frequently in different areas depending on the components they contain.
- Lavender Oil / It is one of the most well-known essential oils. Provides mental and physical balancing and relaxation. It is frequently used in hair and skin care. You can check out Alfheim Lavender Oil.
- Rosemary Oil / It has been used for thousands of years with its hot and burning scent. It is one of the indispensable essential oils in aromatherapy with its refreshing and purifying scent. You can check out Alfheim Rosemary Oil.
- Chamomile Oil / Helps with mental and physical injuries. It is calming and soothing. You can check out Alfheim Chamomile Oil.
- Lemon Oil / Stimulant, helpful and activating in maintaining mental balance. It supports concentration. You can take a look at Alfheim Lemon Oil .
- Eucalyptus Oil / Refreshing, purifying and revitalizing. You can take a look at Alfheim Eucalyptus Oil.
- Geranium Oil / Spiritual calming and balancing. It helps in skin care. You can take a look at Alfheim Geranium Oil.
- Orange Oil / Corrector is uplifting, invigorating and refreshing. You can take a look at Alfheim Orange Oil.
- Vetiver Oil / Makes you feel calm, strong and serene with its woody notes. You can take a look at Alfheim Vetiver Oil.
- Patchouli Oil / Provides skin care and regenerates. It is a regulator in the mental field. You can take a look at Alfheim Patchouli Oil.
- Jasmine Oil / Feminine scent. It is sensual and inspiring, capable of appealing to the deepest emotions like a precious jewel. You can check out Alfheim Jasmine Oil.
Essential Oil Prices
Although essential oil prices vary in many respects, it should be known that it is not possible for the price of a good and quality essential oil to be relatively low. Essential oils, which require special attention from aromatic plant cultivation to harvest, from oil production to storage conditions, are very special compounds as they contain the entire life energy of the plant in concentration. For this reason, essential oil prices may be perceived as high. However, when you consider that the annual production capacity of Jasmine oil in the world is 5-6 tons, it will become clear how special essential oils are. Alfheim introduces you to 100% natural, pure and effective natural extracts. To purchase essential oils, you can visit the Alfheim Essential Oils category.
Frequently Asked Questions About Essential Oils
How to Use Essential Oils in a Censer?
Essential oils are used in the censer by heating it with a tealight candle under the censer and optionally adding 6-7 drops to the censer with clean water, depending on the size of the area to be scented.
How to Obtain Essential Oils?
Essential oils are usually obtained by distillation using water distillation or steam distillation.
What Are Essential Oils Good For?
Essential oils are widely used in many areas, from skin care to yoga and meditation, from physiotherapy applications to scenting the environment. Essential oils are great accompaniments for moist and healthy hair and skin, for mental well-being to relax, unwind or revitalize, for a good Aromatherapy massage, for an effective physiotherapy session, for an unforgettable yoga and meditation practice.
Can Essential Oils Be Applied to the Face?
Essential oils can be diluted with a carrier oil suitable for skin care purposes and applied safely to the face. Essential oils are very effective for anti-aging skin care and facial yoga.
To summarize generally,
Essential oils are one of the most valuable gifts that nature offers us. These oils are usually obtained from plant sources and are also called natural essential oils. So, which essential oils are the most fragrant and aromatic?
In the category of fragrant essential oils, oils such as lavender, rose and bergamot stand out. Among the aromatic essential oils, we can count oils such as sage, lemon, eucalyptus and mint. Essential aromatic oils have therapeutic benefits and can make your home smell wonderful.
Essential oils offer a wide range of uses, from skin care to aromatherapy, from household cleaning to making natural perfumes. Each essential oil has its own unique properties. For example, lavender oil has calming and soothing effects, while peppermint oil has an energetic and revitalizing effect.
So, which essential oil brands are the best on the market? When choosing the best essential oil brand or brands, attention should be paid to whether the products are pure and natural, the production methods and the reputation of the brand. The best essential oil brands guarantee the purity, quality and effectiveness of the oils.
In conclusion, herbal essential oils are a wonderful gift that nature has given us. However, being careful when choosing between essential oil brands will help us achieve the purest and highest quality product.